About the Role
Channel Manager develops, maintains, and expands relationships with resellers/ VARs in China and Taiwan.
Channel Manager is responsible for achieving sales, marketing, and reseller/ VAR recruitment objectives while maintaining a minimal level of excellence based on set of success criteria.
Channel Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned resellers/ VARs, but can also focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with resellers/ VARs.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in to meet reseller/ VAR performance objectives and expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives with reseller/ VAR.
- Proactively develops reseller/ VAR planning process that creates mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive reseller/ VAR relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates reseller/ VAR needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through reseller/ VAR to end users in coordination with reseller/ VAR sales resources.
- Manages channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying resellers/ VAR.
Accountabilities and performance measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated geography, channel, or market.
- Completes reseller/ VAR account plans that meet company goals and objectives.
- Maintains high reseller/ VAR satisfaction levels.
- Complete required training and development objectives within a defined time.
- Reports to the Director of Global Channel Sales.
- Enlists the support of sales, business development, technical and services, and other internal resources as needed.
- Enables cross-functional collaboration.